Monday, July 9, 2012

The Forever Girl: Sophia's Journey - Rebecca Hamilton




A Cult. A Murder. A Curse.


Sophia's family has skeletons, but they aren't in their graves...
At 22, practicing Wiccan Sophia Parsons is scratching out a living waiting tables in her Rocky Mountain hometown, living under the shadow of her bi-polar mother, religious prejudice, and a cold murder. Sophia can imagine lots of ways her life could be better, but she'd settle for just getting rid of the buzzing noise in her head. The spell she casts goes wrong. The static turns into voices. Her personal demons get company, and the newcomers are dangerous.


One of them is a man named Charles, a centuries-old shape-shifter that Sophia falls for despite her better judgment. He has connections that can help her unveil the mystery surrounding her ancestor's hanging, but she gets more than she bargains for when she finally decides to trust him. Survival in his world, she learns, means not asking questions and staying out of the immortal council's way. It's a line she crossed long ago.


If Sophia wants to survive the council and save the people she loves, she must accept who she is, perform dark magic, and fight to the death for her freedom.


The Forever Girl is a full-length Paranormal Fantasy novel that will appeal to lovers of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, witches, vampires, ghosts, paranormal mystery, and paranormal horror.




I absolutely without a doubt loved this book. The Forever Girl is probably in my top 5 books that I've read this year. I couldn't put it down and stay up until 5AM to finish it.

Sophia is a 22 year old wiccan, which make her the black sheep of her small Colorado town. She also has a constant buzzing of voices in her head that she wants to quiet. When she goes to a club with her friend Ivory and meet Charles, she learns the world is not as safe or simple as she believes it is and not everyone is who the seem to be.

The romance between Sophia and Charles wasn't forced and was more mature than most young adult romances. The back and forth with them had me going nuts and not in a bad way, it kept me wanting to read more to see if they would finally give in.


There were a lot of twist and turns throughout the story and just when I thought I was starting to figure it out BAM plot twist it kept me entertained from beginning to end. The story had a great flow to it, nothing was rushed and it progressed naturally. Rebecca Hamilton took the myths of vampires, shifters, and witches to a whole new level that I personally have not seen in anything I've read and I loved it. She also has an amazing writing style that made is very easy to completely lost in the book.

There was nothing I didn't like about The Forever Girl and I highly recommend it to any fan of the paranormal genre. I can't wait to find out what happens in the next book.


Rating






2 comments: